Colorado Tech Weekly #2, June 23, 2013: Yes. One petabyte. PB. No.
One of the reasons I started this series was to keep track of good companies so that when I have the skills I need, I know where I want to use them. One of the best way to find good companies is by looking for industry and business awards. This week I’ve learned about a few companies thanks to these awards.
- Congratulations to North High School student, Juan Vargas, for getting his KidsTek Summer Internship! [KidsTek]
- Check out some of the fastest growing companies in Colorado. [Colorado Companies to Watch]
- Dish Networks misses out on Sprint and Clearwire. What next? [Techknowbytes]
- EAGLE-Net has good intentions to provide broadband to Colorado school districts, but is it working? [Techknowbytes]
- Congratulations to Ajubeo Co-founder Tom Whitcomb for winning CIO of the year [CTA]
- Congratulations to Mike Shehan and Steve Swoboda of SpotXchange for winning the Ernst & Young Technology Services CEO of the Year [CTA]
- City and County Denver is looking for nominations for their 2013 Biz Plan Awards [CTA]
- A few smart Aussies figure out how to fit 1PB on a DVD [The Conversation]
- Google Reader alternative, Feedly, gets web access just in time! [The Next Web]
- XBox One backs off from constant internet connection requirement and DRM plans [Game On]
- 6/25 – CTA Gov in Tech Series: Women in Tech – Journeys and Stories
- 6/27 – CTA Member Meet Up – Guest speaker: Steve Foster, COO, GTRI
- 6/28 – CTA Colorado Companies to Watch Awards Dinner
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!