Colorado Tech Weekly #4, July 8, 2013: Speaker announcements for local events and, of course, PRISM
I would have thought with Independence Day interrupting the week, there wouldn’t be much news. Luckily, I was wrong! Hope your Independence Day went as well as possible. It was a great day in Colorado to spend time with friends and family.
- Colorado researchers collaborate on energy innovation [Denver Post]
- CTA announces Arjun Gupta of TeleSoft Partners as the 2013 APEX Keynote Speaker [CTA]
- COIN announces speakers for the 2013 Innovation Summit [COIN]
- Statewide ban on disposal of electronic waste went into effect this week. How to clear your data from your recycled electronics [TechKnowBytes]
- Congratulations to KidsTek instructor Nina Amey for her nomination for CTA Teacher of the Year [KidsTek]
- Will a contract dispute force CenturyLink workers to strike? [Denver Post]
- An editorial on what PRISM could mean to our society [Freedom Bits]
- Could the PRISM PR fall out affect US cloud computing companies? [ZD Net]
- Theme suggestions for the Ludum Dare 27 game making competition (Aug 23-27) are open [Ludum Dare]
- AT&T is considering selling anonymous user data to advertisers [BGR]
- 7/9 – CTA – Immigration Reform Bill Office Hours with staff from Office of U.S. Senator Michael Bennett
- 7/10 – AngularJS Denver – Custom Directives and Testing in AngularJS
- 7/12 – CTA – Convercent Summer Happy Hours
- 7/16 – CTA – CEO in Tech Forum: Creating a Dynamic Work Culture
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!