Colorado Tech Weekly #21: No such thing as too many “helps”
I backed my first Kickstarter project this week. It’s an online edu-tainment (that’s education and entertainment mashed together) game called BotLogic created by Arvada developer Brad Wedell. Help me help him help kids learn the fun of programming. Was that too many “helps”? Probably. But is there really such a thing as too many “helps”? I say there is no such thing. Just check out all the helpful events this week that has developers helping developers.
- INterview with New Tech Boulder-Denver-Fort Collins organizer Robert Reich [InnovatioNews]
- Broomfield-based Webroot Secures Future by Moving Consumer Anti-Malware Suite to Cloud [Xconomy]
- Boulder-based JumpCloud hosts first DevOps conference, defines DevOps through conversation [BFeld]
- Denver-based cloud service provider Virtela changing hands for $525 million [DBJ]
- Colorado Technology Association reaching out to Springs companies [CTA]
- Loveland-based Madwire Media introduces UXi software platform to give customers more website design control [InnovatioNews]
- Defrag Conference returns in Broomfield with underwater “DIY” robots, user-friendly Skynet [Xconomy]
- Boulder-based SolidFire announces the Cloud Builders Channel Partner Program [BuiltinColorado]
- HTML5: From Facebook disaster to a potential rival mobile-gaming platform for iOS and Android [VentureBeat]
- Gucci organizes hackathon to inspire mobile app solutions [LuxuryDaily]
- 11/5 – QuickLeft – Happy Data Hour with Keen IO and Quick Left
- 11/7 – A Great First Date – Launch Party
- 11/7 – BDNT – Big Data Case Studies: From Tainted Lasagna to the Boulder Flood
- 11/8 – CTA – CTA Day at the Capitol
- 11/11 – Dabble – How to Land a Job at a Startup
- 11/11 – DDD Denver – Git from the Bits Up with Tim Berglund
- 11/12 – Spitfire Group – Safely Navigating the Cloud
- 11/12 – BDNT – Ft. Collins November Meetup
- 11/12 – All things API – Data normalization across API interactions- Vineet Joshi, CTO of Cloud Elements
- 11/12 – GDI Boulder – Introduction to Git & GitHub
- 11/12 – CTP – Ascent Awards 2013
- 11/12 – Data Science & Business Analytics – Predictive Analytics & Automated Intelligent Outlier Detection
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis until January. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. My latest update is about the Discovery phase of UX design. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.