Colorado Tech Weekly #25: Tryptophantastic
This year was the first year I was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. I’m thinking of putting it on my resume as proof of my project management skills. If you’ve never done this, the last 20 minutes or so before dinner, you are coordinating the preparation of 4 different side dishes while finishing up the turkey and setting the table using friends and family as volunteers. Nothing says holiday fun like dancing with 3 other people in a small kitchen while holding sharp knives and hot pans! I’m looking forward to doing it again next year.
- Boulder-based Seamless Toy introduces Atoms, the latest robotic toy from Colorado [Xconomy]
- KidsTek and COMPASS work together in Aurora schools [CTA]
- Boulder-based Home automation startup Revolv lands $4 million in funding, led by Foundry Group [TechKnowBytes]
- RoundPegg announces $2.8M fundraising round to beef up sales and marketing efforts [InnovatioNews]
- Innovation Pavilion, Maverick Software partner to match firms with computer students [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based Kindara raises $370K to develop app and expand team, hopes to raise $380K more this year [InnovatioNews]
- Retired Air Force General Lindell named by Hickenlooper to be state’s aerospace and defense champion [InnovatioNews]
- NSA may have accessed Google and Yahoo user data via Broomfield-based Level 3’s network [TechKnowBytes]
- Google moves to attract Chromecast developers [ComputerWorld]
- Microsoft Now Shipping Kinect For Windows Preview Kits To “Thousands” Of Developers [TechCrunch]
- 12/5 – Denver JS – Finite State Machines in JS with Jim Cowart
- 12/10 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 12/10 – The Boulder Agile Software Meetup Group – Boulder+Denver Mashup!!! Enterprise Agility with special guest Damon Poole
- 12/10 – Colorado Microsoft Developers – Visual Studio 2013 Launch Event
- 12/10 – SIM Colorado – SIM’s Holiday Social Event
- 12/10 – CTA – Colorado Springs Technology Roundtable!
- 12/10 – CTA – Oracle Innovation Forum Denver
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis until January. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.