Colorado Tech Weekly #27: Always working. Usually focused.
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
December is over halfway over which means my free-time to do my own project is coming to a close. I had planned on spending my time learning the basics of UX design and updating my website. Well it turns out there’s a whole lot more to UX design than I realized. I’ve also spent a good amount of my time doing transcription for a client I found on Elance.com. I’ve learned some good lessons, just not the lessons I had planned on learning.
- ColoradoBiz magazine names Westminster-based SpotXchange Top Company of 2013 [CTA]
- Almost there, Sprint 4G LTE network launch in Denver could be “a few weeks” away [TechKnowBytes]
- Never fun news. Beatport cuts Denver staff, closes San Francisco office [DBJ]
- Boulder-based Younity adds ephemeral file sharing, which sounds as cool as it is [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Zerista’s apps approach conferences and events from a community angle [BuiltinColorado]
- By next summer, Colorado Springs-based Exelis Mission Systems will have fewer employees, a different name and a different mission [DBJ]
- BuiltinColorado profiles 4 Colorado tech CEOs you don’t know (but should) [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado explores online gambling as virtual and mobile casinos boom [DenverPost]
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software [Reuters]
- Internet giants that make money by tracking us unite to fight government surveillance [DBJ]
- 12/16-12/19 – International Robot Olympiad – 15th International Robot Olympiad
- 12/18 – 1 Million Cups Denver – Alumni Day & Holiday Party
- 12/18 – DeRailed – Meet Santa’s Reindeers: Ember, Dasher, Angular, Prancer, Rudolph…
- 12/18 – Galvanize – gSchool Ruby Program Open House
- 12/19 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 12/19 – CTA – C-Level Volunteer Breakfast Kick-off
- 12/20 – Secure Ideas – HACKED! It’s Not IF – It’s WHEN
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis until January. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.