Colorado Tech Weekly #31: Do whatever you need wherever you want
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
I felt like I could’ve easily posted 20 stories, but part of the fun of these posts is narrowing it down to the 10 most interesting stories of the week. I’m really curious about the trend of the technology industry allowing us to work from anywhere. Whether it’s cloud services, coworking spaces, connected cars or wearable devices we are increasingly allowing (forcing?) us to work from wherever we want.
I am looking forward to my first Built in Brews event this Thursday. Since I like beer and I like smart, ambitious people, it should be a good time.
- CES 2014: Colorado roundup with Logic Integration, Revolv, Dish and EnerPlex [TechKnowBytes]
- Boulder-founded Elihuu positions for national expansion [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado coworking spaces create a statewide membership [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Wayin acquires Comenta TV to power on-air social media [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Cloud Elements makes a developer’s life easier with Documents Hub launch [BuiltinColorado]
- Cloud service provider Peak, based in Denver, starts 2014 with $4 million and big goals [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder’s Ball Aerospace trims workforce by 77 jobs [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based Dish Network drops out of LightSquared bidding [DBJ]
- Google announces Open Automotive Alliance to drive Android Into connected cars [TechCrunch]
- CES 2014: Less Is more for smart watches and other wearable gadgets [TechnologyReview]
- 1/15 – Front Range PHP User Group – FRPUG Monthly Meeting
- 1/16 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews
- 1/16 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 1/21 – Denver iOS Developer User Group – Dave Batton: Developing Professional Quality iOS Interfaces
- 1/21 – CTA – Gov in Tech: Big Data Analytics in Government
- 1/21 – The Boulder Agile Software Meetup Group – Product Flow
- 1/21 – SIM-Colorado – The Art of the Influencer
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!