Colorado Tech Weekly #39: Taking it one step at a time in awesome Colorado
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I think it’s about time I stop being surprised by the amount of tech news in Colorado. This is the 3rd week in a row that all 10 stories are from Colorado and I love it!
I had a blast volunteering for C-Level @ A Mile High on Thursday! It was amazing to talk to, and work with, so many people who have already achieved milestones in their careers that I can only dream about right now. It’s like running a marathon where the path doubles back on itself. I got to briefly see people who are way ahead of me and I want to be there! I gotta take one step at a time though. I’ll get there eventually.
- Boulder’s Gaiam TV video subscription service now available via Apple Store [InnovatioNews]
- Galvanize is one of 40 global tech hubs to receive $1M from Google to boost women-led companies [InnovatioNews]
- Report says Denver tech workers earn 3rd highest cost-of-living adjusted salaries [TechKnowBytes]
- C-Level @ A Mile High event draws hundreds to meet execs, bid on face-time to build business relationships [InnovatioNews]
- It’s not just the Front Range, check out the Western Slope DTC (Durango Tech Center) [BuiltinColorado]
- After opening up shop in Denver just last year, Signpost plans to triple its Colorado employee base [BuiltinColorado]
- BuiltinColorado profiles the 5 coolest tech offices in Colorado [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder-based SendGrid hires proven tech leader, Paul Ford, to drive global marketing; relocates headquarters (to another Boulder location) to support growth [BuiltinColorado]
- State of Colorado wants millions more to fix computer system [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based TriZetto reports record earnings for 2013 [DBJ]
- 3/12 – Refresh Denver – Jeff Casimir, Principal at Jumpstart Lab presents Why Developers Quit
- 3/12 – Full Stack Meetup – Cloud Logging and Open Source
- 3/12 – CTA – CTA 101 Luncheon
- 3/13-14 – SeedPaths – Expo Days
- 3/13 – CTP – Future of Technology: Software Defined Anything
- 3/13 – Denver Hack Nite – Denver Hack Nite!
- 3/13 – RMIMA – The Innovation Equation
- 3/13 – OneNeck IT Solutions – Pick Your Provider, Pick Your Game
- 3/17 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Intro to Node.js and a bit more
- 3/17 – Denver Tech Center C++ Developers – C++11 Standard Library Algorithms
- 3/18 – Denver iOS Developer User Group – iOS Dev Meetup: Informal Show and Tell
- 3/18 – CTA – Social Maintenance: Fort Collins
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis University. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.