Colorado Tech Weekly #49: Incoming jobs from Lockheed, Sendgrid, Layer3 and other good news
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
There is a LOT of good news bouncing around this square state and I have a feeling with Boulder Startup Week just wrapping up, Aspen’s and Fort Collins’ Startup Weeks just about to start and Denver Startup Week not too far away that the good news is gonna keep coming. Is there a Startup Week in southern Colorado? There should be.
Also I recently just found out how cool Evernote is. It’s especially cool for a blog like this one. If you have any tips on how to make the best of Evernote, please pass them along. Thanks!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems adding hundreds of commercial space jobs to Colorado HQ in Littleton [DBJ]
- Vantiv to acquire Durango-based MercuryPay for $1.65 billion [BuiltInColorado]
- 4 Galvanize Boulder companies you should look out for at its launch this week [BuiltInColorado]
- SendGrid Expands In Boulder, Ramps Hiring [TechRockies]
- Layer3 TV picks Denver for its new corporate headquarters [InnovatioNews]
- gSchool students dominate Boulder Startup Week Hackfest [Galvanize]
- Broomfield’s Level 3 selected to provide secure global content delivery network for Russian game maker [InnovatioNews]
- Fort Collins startup, Beagle, wins Go Code Colorado Challenge [CTA]
- New telecom regulations offer benefits to consumers, tech sector [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder to welcome Twitter to town, and celebrate Gnip deal, on June 4 [TechKnowBytes]
- 5/21-22 – GlueCon
- 5/21 – booj – open house + tech meetup
- 5/21 – Boulder/Denver BigData – Learn what’s new in Mahout with Ted Dunning
- 5/21 – Pivotal Labs – Tech Confluence May
- 5/21 – Refresh Denver – Henry Modisett, Product Designer at Quora
- 5/21 – Softmart – Device Bar at Wynkoop
- 5/22 – Cloudera- Unbound Cloud: A new Era for IT
- 5/22 – BDNT – New Tech Colorado Springs
- 5/27 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Comparing Python’s Tornado with Node.js
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!