Colorado Tech Weekly #56: Anything that can happen in tech is happening in Colorado
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
If you want to geek out about software development with me, check out my new Dev News Weekly that will be posted every Tuesday morning!
When I write these posts, I usually create the list of headlines first, then I look for a theme or something that stands out so I can ramble before the headlines. Today I stared at my headlines… and stared… and stared. I could not come up with a theme! Then I realized that IS my theme!
If it has to do with creating, moving, studying or making money off of ones and zeros, it’s happening here in Colorado. Hardware? Yep. Devices? Definitely. Services? You know it. Networking? Uh-huh. Software? Absolutely. I’m running out of ways to say “Yes” so just know that it’s all happening here and that’s pretty cool.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Sprint 4G LTE in Denver by end of June? Didn’t happen. Sprint mum on plans. [TechKnowBytes]
- Boulder-based Zayo Group files to go public, seeks to raise $100M [DBJ]
- Colorado State scientists develop algorithms to crunch data from new NASA climate satellite [InnovatioNews]
- An additional $2 million gets Denver’s Peak more data centers, more partnerships [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver software companies urge the city to change its tax stance [CTA]
- IdeaLAB in Denver helps girls prepare for tech jobs of the future [YourHub]
- Colorado Technology Associaton’s APEX Awards nominations due by Aug. 15 [InnovatioNews]
- Littleton-based Lockheed Martin Space Systems grows with software company acquisition [DBJ]
- NoCo Mini Maker Faire Call for Makers is now OPEN [DenverMiniMakerFaire]
- Bluemile’s $15 million acquisition by Englewood-based Wow results in several lawsuits [DBJ]
- 7/9 – Refresh Denver – Frank Bushell, Designer/Front-End Developer at Cirro
- 7/9 – Meteor Denver – How to create a mini router and lessons learned
- 7/9 – GDI Boulder – Code & Cocktails
- 7/9 – Denver Droids – Samsung Gear
- 7/9 – DJUG – Building a Complete HTML5/PhoneGap App with the Appery.io Cloud Platform
- 7/9 – CTA – CTA 101 Luncheon
- 7/10 – VET-preneurs – Third VET-preneurs Meetup with Major General Jay Lindell
- 7/10 – Rocky Mountain Adobe Users Group – Creative Cloud Event Denver
- 7/10 – The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group – Monthly Meetup
- 7/10 – CTA – APEX Award Nominations Webinar
- 7/14 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Zones: A Next Generation Async Flow Control Library for Node.js
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!