Colorado Tech Weekly #61: Success is a fickle beast
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
What is more important: Feeling like you’ve succeeded or feeling like you are working towards success? I’m too humble when I succeed, but knowing I am doing worthwhile things with my time makes me happy so I like working towards success better.
I wonder about this as a look through my headlines every week. I’m sure that getting funding feels like a great success because it means you are doing something worthwhile enough for someone to give you a few million dollars to keep going. Is getting purchased or acquired a success? I guess that depends on where you are in your company. If you’re a lower-level employee I would guess it’s a mixture of excitement, uncertainty, dread and pride. If you’ve experienced this, I’d love to hear from you.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Another win for local ad tech: Denver’s Altitude Digital gets $7 million to reach a headcount of 100 [BuiltinColorado]
- CTA’s APEX Awards nomination deadline is Aug. 15 [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based Ibotta receives $20M Series B funding, will expand brands and retail partnerships [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder’s Rapt Media closes on $3.1M funding round, launches Eloqua marketing system [InnovatioNews]
- Carlin Sack says this is the year for Colorado’s enterprise cloud companies, thanks to local talent and local capital [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Springs-based RCSPros to sell Electronic Health Records company [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s IQNavigator sells part of business, shrinks payroll [DBJ]
- Denver mobile app shop Double Encore acquired by subsidiary of London’s WPP [TechKnowBytes]
- CenturyLink makes Denver a ‘Gig city’ with ultra-fast Internet offering [DBJ]
- STEM teacher initiative between Mines, UNC funded by $300K NSF grant [InnovatioNews]
- 8/13 – DJUG – Craig Walls: What’s new in Spring?
- 8/13 – CTA – CTA 101 Luncheon
- 8/14 – Innovation Pavilion – Mike Stemple, founder of Inspirer and VET-preneurs
- 8/14 – Startup Grind Denver – Startup Grind Denver Hosts Ingrid Alongi (Quick Left)
- 8/15 – HTML5 Denver – The Business of Web Development
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!