Colorado Tech Weekly #82: Let’s get 2015 going
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
It’s the first full week of 2015! The kids go back to school this week. The holidays are wrapped up ( Get it? “Wrapped up” cuz there were presents and… ok you know what, nevermind) and it’s time to set our sights on the new year!
With some time off between classes, I have two projects I want to get going. I’ve started a Ruby app to clean up the list of accounts I’m following on Twitter. It’s not pretty code, but it works and it’s a start. Because of it, I found that over 1000 of the accounts I follow haven’t had any activity in over 6 months which is a little crazy. I’m also making an app to make report writing easier on the cops I work with.
2015 is also the year I get out and start meeting people! I’ll be at the CTA C-Level volunteer kick-off next Tuesday. Hope to see you there!
What do you have going on for 2015?
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder-based Zayo Group CEO Dan Caruso discloses re-emergence of cancer [DBJ]
- Steve Porter looks back on year filled with new innovation, new investment and new incubation [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder mom and daughter kick off iPhone case company at CES [TechKnowBytes]
- 5 Colorado startups to help you make the most out of 2015 [BuiltinColorado]
- INterview with Suma Nallapati, Colorado Secretary of Technology [InnovatioNews]
- 5 cutting edge tech companies making Colorado their second home [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado AG reaches $2M settlement with Douglas County-based Dish over price hikes [DBJ]
- Denver’s FullContact introduces Version 2.0 for Java [FullContact]
- Golden-based NREL provides support for microgrid projects aimed at reducing electric grid outages [InnovatioNews]
- Zayo’s IPO, Datalogix, Orion Launch Highlight Last Quarter of ’14 [Xconomy]
- 1/7 – 1 Million Cups Denver – Cause5 & Hemera Project UPDATED
- 1/7 – Analyze Boulder – AB January Meetup
- 1/7 – Denver MongoDB User Group – Kick off the new year with Meteor/MongoDB and MongoFS
- 1/7 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) Distributed Systems with Tim Berglund
- 1/8 – Innovation Pavilion – Innovation Pavilion’s 3rd Annual Anniversary Bash
- 1/13 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 1/13 – CTA – C-Level @ A Mile High Volunteer Kick-Off
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!