Colorado Tech Weekly #90: Lawmakers talk drones, tech jobs and data centers
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
If you’re not familiar with the tangled web that intertwines business, the tech industry and government in Colorado then that’s OK because I’m not that familiar with it either. But I know it’s there!
While big, national arguments of things like net neutrality make big headlines most government decisions that affect our industry are made at the state level. So let your state representatives know you’re paying attention!
The Colorado Technology Association does some public policy advocacy, but the more individuals we have involved, the better chance we have of getting the best help for our industry. Speaking of CTA, I’ll be at the C-Level training tonight, so if you’re there say “Hi”. Actually even if you’re not there, you can say “Hi”.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder’s Rogue Wave announces software updates for three of its flagship products [InnovatioNews]
- Douglas County-based Dish CEO Joe Clayton to step down; Charlie Ergen to step back in [DBJ]
- Colorado’s long-awaited drone bill up for first hearing [BizWest]
- Boulder’s Conspire takes analytical angle at professional networking [BizWest]
- 7 hot Colorado tech companies hiring this month [BuiltinColorado]
- Bill to encourage tech careers advances in House [Chalkbeat]
- Colorado data centers tax-break proposal faces many hurdles [DBJ]
- Longmont’s DigitalGlobe announces 30-cm imagery products, highest resolution ever [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado listed as #9 in 10 most successful states for video game developers [Entrepreneur]
- Boulder-based Simple Energy launches e-commerce platform to bridge gap between utilities & consumers [SimpleEnergy]
- 3/4 – Canna Tech Startup Denver
- 3/4 – Turing Community Events – Hosting a Static Site with Github Pages
- 3/5 – gSchool – Open House & Rainbow Round Panel (diversity in Tech)
- 3/5 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Node on Docker: from development to delivery
- 3/5 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) .Net Study Group
- 3/7 – K2 – Software Associate Intro Day
- 3/10 – All Things API – Consuming APIs with GO with Cory LaNou
- 3/10 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 3/10 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) Technical Interview Skills: Recursion and Dynamic Programming
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!