Colorado Tech Weekly #111: Made-to-Order Hackathons, EAGLE-Net Gets a Reboot and DaVinci Will Move to Westminster
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Lord of the RIngs has dragons, elves and an entire world that is completely made up, but one of the most creative things to come out of that story for me is the number “eleventy-one”. I love that this is CTW number eleventy-one.
It seems like almost every week I’m excited for the stories I share. I’m very excited to see EAGLE-Net get a reboot with Zayo. EAGLE-Net is a project to get better internet access to public places in rural parts of Colorado. Doing anything with technology on a large scale over a large area is difficult to do correctly. I have confidence in Zayo. I wish them luck!
Top Colorado Technology News
- NoCo Mini Maker Faire calls for makers to present at Oct. 9-11 event at RMCIT [InnovatioNews]
- Golden Police to add drone to department’s tool kit [YourHub]
- FCC poised to reject Douglas County-based Dish Network’s $3.3 billion airwaves discount [DBJ]
- DaVinci Institute moving headquarters from Louisville to Westminster [InnovatioNews]
- Centennial-based Arrow Electronics now letting customers order up a hackathon [Tech+]
- Colorado’s top 50 startups to watch: Where are they now? [BuiltinColorado]
- Centennial’s Evolution Digital buys Chicago TV-tech firm [Tech+]
- FCC signs off on AT&T’s $48.5B buy of Dish competitor DirecTV [DBJ]
- New Colorado STEMworks database spotlights successful STEM programs [CTA]
- Boulder’s Zayo Group Holdings to oversee and support EAGLE-Net Alliance [InnovatioNews]
- 7/30 – Alchemy API – Watson 101: Hands-On Lab
- 7/30 – RefactorU – Fall Open House
- 7/30 – SpotXchange – Engineering Open House
- 7/30 – Turing School – Demo Night: FeedEngine and Game Time
- 7/30 – WomenWhoCode – Java Study Group
- 7/31-8/1 -AT&T – Mobile App Hackathon
- 8/3 – Learn to Code Colorado – Full Stack Immersive Info Session (Denver)
- 8/4 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder Monthly Meetup
- 8/4 – Denver Area Access Users Group – Access/SQL Pass-Through Queries
- 8/4 – Zunesis – Prescriptive Analytics: Achieving the Final Frontier
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!