Colorado Tech Weekly #120: TeamSnap, Wayin, Denver Startup Week
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The organizations mentioned in my headline have taken a few of the things I have done and made them successful and awesome. I helped found a figure skating club. TeamSnap would have been an amazing tool for the club and probably still would be. I’ve spent the past 2+ years combing social media for people and organizations related to the Colorado tech community. Wayin could probably find that in 10 minutes. And I spent 2 years struggling to run my own business. Pay attention to the right people at Denver Startup Week and you can learn every lesson I learned plus 10 more within a week. I guarantee you it will also be more fun.
I have an interview for a promotion tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Broomfield-based Webroot and Lynx Software form strategic partnership to enhance IoT cyber protection [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s SpireMedia drops Media, adds Digital to name, invites everyone to a party [Tech+]
- Game On! Announcing the 2016 Code Wars Hackathon [Windward]
- 5 jobs openings that are guaranteed to be more exciting than your current job [BuiltinColorado]
- Finalists announced for BizWest’s 2015 IQ Awards [BlackSquareTechnologies]
- Denver-based Wayin raises $15.4 Million to offer brands the provable power to persuade and engage consumers [Wayin]
- Boulder’s TeamSnap to add league services, double user base after $10M funding [Xconomy]
- Denver Startup Week – where to begin? Advice from those in the know [DenverPost]
- Denver Startup Week: 5 can’t-miss rockstar panels & parties [BuiltinColorado]
- What Denver Startup Week events are for me? [QuickLeft]
- 9/30 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Pivotal & Galvanize (Denver Startup Week)
- 9/30 – Denver Startup Week – Startup Crawl
- 9/30 – WomenWhoCode – Java Study Group
- 10/1 – Mobile Growth Denver – Mapquest, Grow.Co, Ibotta, Backflip Studios, and Mobile Gallop in partnership w/ #engagemeetup
- 10/1 – Turing School – Demo Night
- 10/3 – CIGDA – Colorado Video Games BBQ
- 10/3 – Sphero – STEAM Saturday
10/4 – QuickLeft – Hack the Arts Hackfest
- 10/6 – DOSUG – Developing Java Apps in Cloud Foundry
- 10/6 – OpenWorldLearning – The OWL Gala/Auction Honoring Jenna Stapleton
It turns out the Hack the Arts Hackfest was last week. Thanks to the QuickLeft Twitter account for noticing.
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!