Colorado Tech Weekly #225: Python and Blockchains
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I have an Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming from Westwood College, I’m almost done with my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from Regis Univeristy and I have a huge passion for the Colorado tech community and I have never written Python or have any comfort in my knowledge about Blockchains (I understand them as a crowd-sourced linked-list of transactions about a thing. I hope this is right).
This week, there are 2 events about Blockchain and 2 events about Python and it seems like both subjects are coming up more and more so I should probably pay attention to them. I’ll be at the Boulder Python meetup next week. I should probably find a Blockchain meetup to go to soon.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Cybersecurity, vacation rentals and more nab “Denver Gazelle” top fast-growing company honors [DenverPost]
- Denver’s DispatchHealth raises $30.8 million from investors in nod to rise of home doctor visits [DenverPost]
- Denver HR tech firm, Businessolver, finds benefits, and rapid growth, in metro Denver [DBJ]
- CenturyLink eyes partnerships for rural broadband and rolls out price-for-life in Colorado [DBJ]
- Show, don’t tell: 3 Colorado tech companies with benefits that support a balanced life [BuiltinColorado]
- Job report: Freelance engineers in Denver paid among the least in U.S., but trade lower wage for lifestyle [DenverPost]
- There are better ways to pitch a story than an embargoed press release [Gadgetress]
- Boulder-based software company Yonomi raises $1.6 million [BizWest]
- Boulder’s Sphero shrinks its toy robot in size and price — and the new Mini runs on smiles and winks [DenverPost]
- Boulder’s Zayo encounters turbulence as execs leave, earnings miss and insiders sell stock [DenverPost]
Top Upcoming Events
- 10/4 – Boulder Blockchain Meetup – Boulder Blockchain 0xA
- 10/4 – Women Who Code – Denver: Blockchain Intro w/ Lucy Cifferello
- 10/4-10/5 – Global Blockchain Summit
- 10/6-10/7 – Xilinx – Technology Showcase and Hackathon
- 10/10 – Boulder Python – Boulder Python, October 2017
- 10/10 – CTA – Volunteer Happy Hour
- 10/10 – Develop Happy Hour – October Develop Happy Hour
- 10/10 – PySprings – Object Oriented Programming [Food Provided]
- 10/10-10/12 – Four Winds Interactive – The Forward Conference
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.