Colorado Tech Weekly #234: Revolar lives up to their name, I start my first day and all the December tech events
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Last week I happily learned that “revolar” is Spanish for “to take flight again.” Luckily, since I started this blog I have seen very few good companies go away and I was honestly heartbroken to hear about Revolar closing their doors, so I am excited to share the news that they are back in business!
Speaking of exciting news, today is my first day of my new career! I have no idea what my work or my life will be like in the immediate future and I’m super excited about that. Wish me luck!
As always, I only listed 10 tech events, but it seems like the first week of December is when all the monthly tech groups are doing their meetings to get them out of the way before the holidays so if you’re looking for a tech meetup this month, it’s probably happening within the next 2 weeks. I’m tempted by the Misty Robotics hackathon. If you remember, Misty Robotics is the serious-robot spin-off from fun-toy-robot company, Sphero. I’m a big fan of them as well.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder’s Zayo Group to pay $127 million for private fiber network backed by former Netscape CEO [DenverPost]
- Colorado colleges overflowing with huge wave of computer science students [DenverPost]
- Denver-based cannabis software firm, Baker Technologies, lands $8M funding round [BusinessDen]
- Denver’s Revolar takes flight again [Revolar]
- Cannabis tech partnership: Colorado’s MassRoots teams up with New Frontier Data [DenverPost]
- Denver’s tech job growth and office rent increases slower than most of the top 30 tech markets [DenverPost]
- How Denver’s Name.com is helping the community during the season of giving [Name.com]
- Denver-based Platte River Networks named one of Colorado’s Top 250 Private Companies for 4th year in a row by Colorado Biz Magazine [PlatteRiverNetworks]
- In Colorado, do more votes for municipal broadband networks mean instant internet access? Not so fast [DenverPost]
- Boulder-based CodeCraft School suspends enrollment [CodeCraftSchool]
Top Upcoming Events
- 12/7 – Co <div> (Colorado Diversity in Tech) – Co <div> Launch
- 12/7 – CTA – C-Level Volunteer Kickoff
- 12/7 – Denver Code Club – Progressive Web Apps: Fitter, happier, more-productive UIs
- 12/7 – Flatirons LGBTQ Tech Meetup – #Tapintotwitter LGBTQ tech meetup @ Twitter Boulder
- 12/7 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – Jason presents Practical Constexpr
- 12/9 – Colorado Game Developers Association + AR/VR Group – 2017 Holiday Party
- 12/10 – Misty Robotics – Hands-on Robothon
- 12/12 – CiGDA – Fort Collins CiGDA Meetup
- 12/12 – Denver WordPress Meetup – WordPress Happiness Hour at the Denver Library
- 12/12 – New Tech Colorado – New Tech Longmont
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.