Colorado Tech Weekly #237: Prediction Proven Correct and My 2018 Goals
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The week between Christmas and New Years is often sparse when it comes to events. This week is no exception but there are 3 if you want to go check them out.
I was excited to see Tamara Chuang’s article about the Year of the Exit in Colorado tech. It gave me confidence that I really was correct about there being less tech companies in Colorado by the end of this year.
I said last week that I would make my predictions for next year but I have no idea. I always like the idea of the next big thing coming out of Colorado, but that’s hard to predict. Instead I have 2 goals for next year now that I have my dream job and because I will graduate this spring so I should have some more time:
- Pass on the main editorial tasks of Colorado Tech Weekly to another student who is passionate and excited to be more involved the Colorado Tech community.
- Become a regular member of at least one Colorado tech meetup.
Have a great week and a great rest of the year!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver cryptocurrency firm Ideas By Nature signs on to bigger office [BusinessDen]
- CH2M, one of Colorado’s largest private companies, swallowed up by Texas firm [DenverPost]
- Colorado becomes 38th state to make FirstNet ‘opt-in’ announcement [UrgentComm]
- Denver-based Convercent raises $25 million in new VC round [DBJ]
- Boulder robot developer Canvas Technology gets $15 million from investors, including creator of Google’s Android [DenverPost]
- Greenwood Village-based Recondo Technology names Craig Niemiec CFO [InnovatioNews]
- Fort Collins-based cryptocurrency startup Radar Relay closes $3M seed round [BizWest]
- Colorado Rep. Diana DeGette plans to co-sponsor bill to restore net neutrality [DianaDeGette]
- Greenwood Village’s NexusTek attracts private equity to grow in IT management services [DBJ]
- Win some, lose some: 2017 was the Year of the Exit for many Colorado tech companies [DenverPost]
Top Upcoming Events
- 12/27 – Boulder Blockchain Meetup – Boulder Blockchain 0xF
- 12/27 – coloradoSprings.js – GatsbyJS
- 12/27 – Learn to Code Colorado – How To Become a Web Developer: Panel Discussion
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.