Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I’m proud of Colorado’s tech journalists and I enjoy being able to amplify their work, but I also like that technology allows us to hear thoughts, opinions and views from companies straight from the companies themselves. This week has a lot of that which makes me happy.
On a side note, this week is my last week of schoolwork! It’s been 4.5 years of work to get my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and I’m one week away from accomplishing it. Today is also my wife’s birthday who has been amazingly supportive during the whole time and who I can’t thank enough. I love you, Corrine. Happy birthday!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Ergen’s Douglas County-Based Dish Network prepares to spend $1 billion to launch a wireless network [DBJ]
- Why a hackathon-friendly office culture is good for everyone at Denver’s Name.com [Name.com]
- Denver-based cable TV tech company, CSG International, searching for new CFO [DBJ]
- Ransomware strikes CDOT for second time even as agency still recovering from first SamSam attack [DenverPost]
- New gigabit internet service in Centennial almost ready as city signs lease for fiber network [DenverPost]
- A Bird’s Eye View: Behind the Scenes of Beastmode at Denver’s RedCanary [RedCanary]
- Brandfolder moves into Zeppelin Station in Denver [BusinessDen]
- [Inside Denver’s Apto] How we built our integrations and created a seamless product experience [Apto]
- Longmont-based Left Hand Robotics scaling up SnowBots [BizWest]
- Podcast: Durango-based GitPrime’s CEO on measuring software engineering productivity [GitPrime]
Top Upcoming Events
- 3/7 – Analyze Boulder – Cybersecurity, Baby Names, and Rodent Movement
- 3/7 – Rocky Mountain Angular – RxJS: Mastering the Operators
- 3/7 – Women Who Code Boulder/Denver – Diving into Golang!
- 3/9 – Learn To Code Boulder – Learn to Code: Python @ Galvanize Boulder
- 3/10 – Bootcampers Collective – Hackathon: Let’s build a Slackbot
- 3/12 – Angular Boulder – NgRX
- 3/13 – Develop Happy Hour – March Develop Happy Hour
- 3/13 – Full Stack Meetup – Building Intelligent Apps with NativeScript and React Native
- 3/13 – IT for Non-Traditional Learners (North Denver) – Ansible Tower: auto-configure and integrate legacy and cloud resources
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.