Colorado Tech Weekly #250: Colorado Tech is Going South… And It’s A Good Thing!
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I like doing everything I can to make sure this blog series is about the entire state so it’s cool to see more events in Colorado Springs and the story from the Canon City Daily Record about another tech partnership that focuses on southern counties in the state. There’s plenty of great, smart tech people outside of the Boulder/Denver area!
I got to be a part of my first software release yesterday! It was exciting and stressful and weirdly anticlimactic. I’m sure today will be busy with fixes.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Rural broadband bill clears its final step in the General Assembly, heads to governor to sign [ColoradoPolitics]
- Denver IT company NIMBL acquired by international tech company [DBJ]
- Amazon invests in Denver internet sprinkler startup Rachio [DenverPost]
- Congrats to Boulder’s Simple Energy [NearlyNicole]
- Colorado’s second technology sector partnership launches in rural region [CanonCityDailyRecord]
- 5 questions with Terry Olkin of Longmont’s Left Hand Robotics [LeftHandRobotics]
- Colorado-based Coalfire cybersecurity company CEO leaving, COO promoted to role [DBJ]
- Louisville’s Gaia Inc. offering 2.3 million shares in public offering [BizWest]
- Golden-based HomeAdvisor sued by San Francisco DA over ads touting background checks [DenverPost]
- From alpacas to homebrews: 5 Colorado software engineers dish on their quirkiest hobbies [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 3/28 – Denver Microservices – Lightning Talks
- 3/28 – DeRailed – ƛ Fernand Galiana — Your FAAS Looks… Familiar!
- 3/28 – Ember.js Denver – EmberConf 2018 in Review
- 3/29 – Boulder/Denver D3.js and Data Visualization – D3 coffee talk
- 3/29 – Flatirons LGBTQ Tech Meetup – Intro to Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- 4/2 – Colorado Data Science – Introduction to Tableau for Data Science (2 Night Workshop)
- 4/2 – Colorado Springs Open Source Software Meetup – Elasticseach
- 4/3 – Denver Open Source Users Group – Getting Started with Elasticsearch with Steve Mayzak
- 4/3 – New Tech Colorado – New Tech Longmont
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.