Colorado Tech Weekly #286: Space is Still Cool. Hiring is Still Happening
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The startup I work for (I keep wanting to say “My company” but I don’t want people to think I’m in charge) has hired a Front-End Engineer and he will be the first employee we hire with less experience than I have which is pretty exciting. We are still hiring for a full stack .NET engineer and a software implementation engineer. Infinicept is a very small company so we don’t have a single person to do recruiting and hiring, we just have us and it’s made me appreciate what work is done by a good “people person”. It’s also a great place to work (although I’m admittedly biased)!!
Speaking of hiring, I had the person behind the Randori Security Twitter account reach out to say that they are hiring engineers. Check them out at www.randori.com. Maybe I should consider adding a “Hiring” or “Job Postings” section?
Last week, Insight landed on Mars after being built in Colorado. That’s just awesome. I will always be excited by stories and tech that have to do with space. It just feels cooler when cool things are doing cool things outside our atmosphere. Now we have companies working on a moon program?! That’s so cool!!
Speaking of cool, Tuesday is my one year anniversary at Infinicept! My software career will be able to be measured by years now!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Colorado-built Lockheed Martin spacecraft succeeds in NASA Mars landing [InnovatioNews]
- National Cybersecurity Center in Colorado Springs expanding role in cyber competitions [CSGazette]
- Douglas County’s Dish Network taps Colorado’s CIO as its next chief digital officer [DBJ]
- How Denver cybersecurity company CyberGRX is spending its $30 million raise [DBJ]
- Slack’s arrival is ‘huge stamp of approval’ for Denver as next big tech hub [DBJ]
- Durango-based GitPrime scales up business to double its employees by 2019 [SCAPE]
- Making spirits bright: How 5 Colorado tech companies give back during the holidays [BuiltinColorado]
- 2 Iranian hackers indicted for ransomware attack on CDOT other agencies [9News]
- California has Silicon Valley. Could Colorado become home to Aerospace Alley? [DenverPost]
- NASA picks two Colorado companies for new $2.6B moon program [DBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 12/5 – WomenWhoCode – Denver Python Meetup
- 12/5 – Denver Software Architects – Automating Automation Workshop with Tyler Sparks and Casey Burnett
- 12/6 – Misty Robotics – Robot Programming Workshop
- 12/6 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – Lightning Talks! Bring your 5 to 10 minute talk!
- 12/6 – COVR – Eclipse Reality and a ride to hell (in VR) with Digital Wizards
- 12/7 – Flatirons LGBTQ Tech Meetup – Holiday Party, sponsored by IBM and Workday!
- 12/8 – CiGDA – An Ordinary Game Jam
- 12/11 – Develop Happy Hour – December Develop Happy Hour
- 12/11 – Denver UX – Last Hurrah of 2018 HH and Fireside Chat
- 12/11 – Boulder Python – User-Friendly Configurations of i3status using py3status with Hristo Asenov
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.