Colorado Tech Weekly #287: Space, Games, Payments, Public Safety, Tech and Holiday Parties
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The startup I work for (I keep wanting to say “My company” but I don’t want people to think I’m in charge) has hired a Front-End Engineer and he will be the first employee we hire with less experience than I have which is pretty exciting. We are still hiring for a full stack .NET engineer and a software implementation engineer. Infinicept is a very small company so we don’t have a single person to do recruiting and hiring, we just have us and it’s made me appreciate what work is done by a good “people person”. It’s also a great place to work (although I’m admittedly biased)!!
This week I am struck by the biases I show in the articles I share each week. Some of that bias is explicit. This series is called “Colorado Tech Weekly” so it is obviously going to only share news and events that have to do with Colorado and technology, but my other biases are not explicit so here are my biases I am showing this week:
- If your news or event is about space or gaming I’m more likely to share those articles for no other reason than I think space is cool and gaming is fun.
- I spent 12 years as a 911 dispatcher, so I will always be drawn more towards tech companies that try to make public safety easier.
- I work at Infinicept where we make it easier for our clients to help their clients accept credit cards so I will be drawn towards payments-related tech articles.
- “Tech” is a HUGE space to cover. Since I am a software developer, I will naturally share more software articles than other Colorado tech subjects. Also few things make me feel more programmer-y than making software for other people to make software.
I think it’s important to be aware and comfortable with biases when sharing information and I’m pretty comfortable with mine. This week’s events mostly have to do with holiday parties which is not one of my biases but still sound like fun.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver’s Rhodium Incident Management is changing how emergency managers plan for natural disasters [DBJ]
- Denver-based Xero launches open banking API to bring financial data to businesses [ProgrammableWeb]
- Littleton-made NASA spacecraft arrives at ancient asteroid its first visitor [DenverPost]
- Women in tech to know: 6 more local leaders shaping growth at their companies [BuiltinColorado]
- Marketer Iterable joins Colorado tech rush with new office in Denver [DenverPost]
- Boulder-based Tendril receives investment from Rubicon Technology Partners to accelerate growth [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s Ping Identity previews new product for app developers [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based Slalom reimagines how companies build software and technology with launch of Slalom Build [DigitalColorado]
- Boulder sports tech company TeamSnap sees big upside with payments [DBJ]
- Denver’s Greystone Gives Back: Volunteering with The Denver Rescue Mission [GreystoneTechnology]
Top Upcoming Events
- 12/12 – Denver Java Users Group – Lightning Talks + Holiday Party [Denver]
- 12/12 – Denver Software Architects – Event Sourcing with Matthew Bonig [Denver]
- 12/12 – Boulder Ruby Group – Holiday Party / Social Night! [Boulder]
- 12/12 – Denver Women in Tech – Panel Discussion with General Assembly, SpotX, Zayo, Heavenly and FullContact [Denver]
- 12/14 – CiGDA – Holiday Time Denver Game Showcase (HTDGS, Pronounced “Hotdogs”) [Denver]
- 12/15 – Colorado Game Developers Association + AR/VR Group – Denver Indie Game Expo [Aurora]
- 12/17 – RMUASP – Holiday Party and Pix4D Photo Software [Golden]
- 12/17 – Hispanics and Technology – Carribean Christmas Party!!! [Denver]
- 12/17 – Boulder WordPress – Holiday Party at FATE Brewing [Boulder]
- 12/17 – Code for Denver – Holiday Party [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.