Colorado Tech Weekly #291: Every Kind of Technology
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I like when there’s a trend in the tech news or a subject that I can focus on here before delivering the Colorado tech news that I find interesting. But I also really like it when there’s no theme because it shows how much is covered by our tech community! I noticed this especially in the upcoming events. It’s really cool that you can find an event for every kind of tech interest in Colorado!
Here’s your reminder that Colorado Tech Weekly #300 will be the last Colorado Tech Weekly post on ScottPantall.com. Look forward to the new and improved ColoradoTechWeekly.com and have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver-based Ping Identity expands leadership team with two new veteran executives [InnovatioNews]
- Douglas County’s Dish Network wants to improve TV ads by analyzing your emotions [DBJ]
- Boulder company Alpine Media Technology LLC creates chairlift information system [BizWest]
- Westminster’s Maxar incorporates in U.S. [BizWest]
- Colorado’s internet of roads is a go. Soon cars will “talk” to signs and traffic signals [ColoradoSun]
- New year new career? These 25 Denver tech companies have big hiring plans in 2019 [DBJ]
- Douglas County’s Dish Network to double down on ‘huge gamble’ a narrowband IoT network [DBJ]
- Boulder-based Double Helix Optics raises $1.4 million in capital [BizWest]
- Denver’s Catalyst HTI adds Canadian mediation headband company, Muse, to campus [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based Simple Energy expects to double revenue and help you cut back on energy [DBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/9 – Denver Java Users Group – Moving beyond REST: GraphQL and Java with Pratik Patel [Denver]
- 1/9 – GDG Denver – Machine Learning with TensorFlow by Googler David Chandler [Denver]
- 1/9 – Boulder Ruby Group – Monthly Presentation Night: Lessons From React and Dive Into Kubernetes [Boulder]
- 1/9 – Boulder Python – Brandon Rhodes [Boulder]
- 1/9 – Denver DevOps Meetup – Topic Kubernetes: Adding Operational Magic to Your Clusters Using Reckoner [Denver]
- 1/10 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Convercent [Denver]
- 1/10 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – C++: A Beginner’s Easiest, Most Powerful, And Most Obvious Language [Broomfield]
- 1/14 – Angular Boulder – Building Progressive Web Apps with Angular! (by Patrick Armentrout) [Boulder]
- 1/15 – Denver Droids – Coroutines: Kotlin’s Flexible Async Approach [Denver]
- 1/15 – Denver Cloud Security Alliance Meetup – Brian Hileman: Are your cloud servers under attack? [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.