Colorado Tech Weekly #298: Sphero’s New Bot and Legislators Talk Tech
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
As members of the Colorado tech community, things that affect us directly are talked about daily by legislators at the state and federal level. This week those topics are artificial intelligence and cryptocurrency which are very much tech related. However it’s important to realize that the other big topics such as our booming growth, traffic, income-inequality, etc. are issues that we are a part of so it’s important for us to pay attention to our effect on Colorado and keep involved so that we can do what we can to mitigate and help Colorado’s issues.
Not every issue can be/should be fixed with technology, but if you like working with technology you like solving problems so I think we can still help.
Only 2 more Colorado Tech Weekly posts will be on ScottPantall.com so I should probably make sure the RSS to email stuff works now. Starting on March 11 (if I’ve done my math correctly) you’ll be able to find them on the new and improved ColoradoTechWeekly.com.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder’s Sphero enters into new market with latest robot and Kickstarter campaign [DBJ]
- Colorado leaders launch artificial intelligence strategy group [PagosaDailyPost]
- Unanimously passed Colorado cryptocurrency token exemption bill heads to governor’s desk [DBJ]
- Denver-based Fruition announces Zach Wilensky as new VP of Finance [Fruition]
- Boulder’s TriBuild looks to raise $3 million in capital [BizWest]
- Douglas County-based Arrow Electronics CEO sells off $4.35M of company stock [DBJ]
- These are the startups competing in PitchNo.CO [BizWest]
- Whats new in Denver-based Choozle: Supported Services [Choozle]
- Boulder’s Silicon Flatirons names interim director, starts search committee [BizWest]
- Hyperloop-inspired test track in Colorado is no more after Arrivo shuts down [DBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/27 – CTA – Tech Day at the Capitol [Denver]
- 2/27 – Denver Microservices – Superstylin’ Microservice Security with DevSecOps [Denver]
- 2/27 – Colorado Data Science – Linear Regression: Statistical concepts, intuitions, and python [Denver]
- 2/27 – Denver WordPress Meetup – Take Back The Day with WP-CLI [Denver]
- 2/28 – Colorado Product Meetup – Writing Better User Stories With Situations [Denver]
- 2/28 – Mile High Gophers Denver – Containers from Scratch [Denver]
- 3/4 – Boulder/Denver WordPress Builders – Everything You Wanted to Know About the WP Database But Were Afraid to Ask [Boulder]
- 3/5 – DOSUG – Paul Rayner: EventStorming, Collaborative Modeling for Complex Domains [Greenwood Village]
- 3/5 – Rocky Mountain Angular – You Don’t Know TypeScript by John Nyquist and Dave Call [Greenwood Village]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!