Colorado Tech Weekly #305: Our First Feature, Canvas Goes Amazon, and Even More Growth
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Along with the normal tech news in the past week, this week we also published our first feature! CTW features will focus on a person, place or organization that makes up our Colorado tech community. Take a moment to check out this feature on Full Body Sound, a hardware startup out of SolderWorks in Westminster. They have a cool product and a crowdfunding starting soon.
As this site is called “Colorado Tech Weekly” I am undoubtedly a fan of looking at tech on a weekly basis with views from Colorado so when I learned that Boulder-based Coding Blonde started a Women in Tech Weekly, I’m all for helping to promote it so go check it out.
Oh and also tech news! Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder-based PasswordPing enters a new era as Enzoic [Enzoic]
- Tech-industry jobs grow 2.5% statewide in 2018 [BizWest]
- Code culture: 5 Colorado tech engineers share what makes their teams unique [BuiltinColorado]
- Don’t ask founders about culture. They’re biased [Swimlane]
- Boulder-based companies InspiringApps and Artifact Uprising honored for Best Services & Utilities App in the the 23rd Annual Webby Awards [InspiringApps]
- Amazon acquires Boulder warehouse-robotics company Canvas Technology [BizWest]
- T-Mobile’s Denver-based Layer3 TV rebrand to launch in 8 U.S. cities including Longmont [DBJ]
- Denver’s Galvanize names new EVP [BizWest]
- With gratitude OWL Announces Closure [OpenWorldLearning]
- Why HR-tech firm Gusto just hired its first chief people officer [DBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 4/17 – Colorado Cassandra Meetup – The Power of Lightweight Transactions [Denver]
- 4/17 – Rocky Mountain Angular – Workshop: Amazing Backends for Angular Devs with NestJS @ Crownpeak [Denver]
- 4/17 – Denver Python – Let’s Talk Python! [Denver]
- 4/17 – Denver AWS Users Group – Streaming Live Data using Apache Spark with Databricks, S3 and Kinesis [Englewood]
- 4/17 – BoulderJS – Microservice vs. Monolith Apps [Boulder]
- 4/18 – Denver Women in Tech – The Irrelevance of Insecurity [Denver]
- 4/18 – Mile High Azure User’s Group – Azure Active Directory B2C [Denver]
- 4/18 – Denver UX – Design Research for New Platforms and the why of Research [Denver]
- 4/18 – Node.js Denver/Bolder/Ft. Collins – Open Source Contribution for Great Good [Denver]
- 4/22 – Hispanics and Technology – Lean Design Thinking-Stories from Guadalajara to Lincoln-Plus Speaker from CASA [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com