Colorado Tech Weekly #312: Swimlane and JumpCloud Raise Money, Cybersecurity and Blockchain and Inspiring Creativity
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I spent this weekend at Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) and I am fully inspired! Talking to artists, authors and other creators over the weekend has convinced me that programming is a creative profession. It may not seem like it when you’re writing code against just another feature request but I challenge any programmer to talk to an author or artist and find no parallels to their own experiences. Impostor syndrome? Yep. Hours and hours of creating only for the sake of creating things better? Yep. It’s very much all the same.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Colorado hires Thaddeus Batt as blockchain expert [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based JumpCloud partners with General Atlantic in $50M funding round infusion [InnovatioNews]
- A cybersecurity worker shortage in Colorado has the industry tapping veterans to fill the gap [ColoradoSun]
- Upland Software acquires Boulder marketing software business Kapost for $45M [Xconomy]
- Governor Polis signs bill to encourage more girls in STEM industry [COHouseDems]
- Denver’s Swimlane raises $23M of series B funding from leading energy sector venture firm Energy Impact Partners [Swimlane]
- Code green: Coloradans shell out big bucks for tech boot camps. Who reaps the benefits? [DBJ]
- Loveland’s broadband utility to be called Pulse [BizWest]
- Inside Colorado’s most enviable offices [ColoradoInno]
- Boulder-based Blue Canyon Technologies adds Sam Francis as Chief Financial Officer [YahooFinance]
Top Upcoming Events
- 6/5 – Denver Modern Web – A Scripting Attack Walks Into a Web App [Denver]
- 6/5 – BuiltInColorado – Top Companies Hiring [Denver]
- 6/5 – JAMstack Denver – Developing for Scale on the Front End with Doug Whitney [Denver]
- 6/6 – Denver UX – Healthy Debate: PM’s and Designers working together [Denver]
- 6/6 – Learn to Code Colorado – Web Scraping with Python Beautiful Soup [Denver]
- 6/6 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – C++ Developer Introduction to X86 Assembly [Broomfield]
- 6/6 – COVAR – Oculi Event: Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift S [Westminster]
- 6/7 – CTA – Women in Technology (WIT) Conference [Larkspur]
- 6/11 – Develop Happy Hour – June Develop Happy Hour [Denver]
- 6/11 – Colorado Data Science- Imposter Syndrome Panel Discussion [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com