Colorado Tech Weekly #323: If You Work For A Tech Company, You’re Part of The Colorado Tech Community
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
This week we share news about a Director of Sales, a chief marketing officer, a CFO and a Vice President of Marketing. These are not technical positions but they are vital to the Colorado tech industry. This is why I will add anyone who works for a tech company in Colorado in any position to my Colorado Tech People Twitter list!
I know some developers and tech people like to look down on non-technical people but that’s never made sense to me. I enjoy writing code. I do not enjoy selling the product I help create. I don’t enjoy prioritizing tasks or managing money for a company or sweeping floors or catering meetings. I appreciate that I have people who do that stuff for me and to show my appreciation I try to make their jobs as easy as I can and write good code so they can continue to do their jobs well.
Appreciate the people that allow you to do your job and have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder’s JumpCloud brings on new Director of Sales, doubling down on MSP channel strategy [JumpCloud]
- Indictment: FoCo virtual reality firm, VRsenal Inc., exec accused of stealing $1.1M from investor [BizWest]
- CSG spent $1.9M in restructuring costs so far in 2019. Here’s what that means for its Colorado HQ. [DBJ]
- Denver-based Ping Identity names Kevin Sellers as global chief marketing officer [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder’s Congruex passes $100M in fundraising total with $48M haul [BizWest]
- Castle Rock-based Riot Blockchain announces CFO change [ColoradoInno]
- These Colorado companies made the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing list for 2019 [DBJ]
- Colorado Springs’ R9B expands executive team [ColoradoInno]
- Centennial-based ULA contracted to fly SNC’s Dream Chaser for NASA space station missions [DBJ]
- Boulder’s Stateless appoints industry expert Michael Anderson as Vice President of Marketing [ColoradoInno]
Top Upcoming Events
- 8/21 – Denver AWS Users Group – Troubleshooting Performance Issues with AWS X-Ray [Centennial]
- 8/21 – Colorado Data Science – RAPIDS: A Hands-on Lab with NVIDIA [Denver]
- 8/21 – SEO, Digital Marketing and Web Development – How to Redesign a Website [Denver]
- 8/21 – Culture Amp and Choozle – People Geekup [Denver]
- 8/21 – Flatiron School – Technical Talk: React Custom Hooks [Denver]
- 8/22 – Denver UX – Diversity in Technology; Stories on what it’s like to navigate the space today [Denver]
- 8/23 – Society for Information Management – 5th Annual SIM Women Summer Conference [Castle Rock]
- 8/25 – 360 Conferences – 360|iDev 2019 [Denver]
- 8/26 – Denver Visual Studio User Group – Using Selenium to Test Your Web Application in the Browser [Denver]
- 8/27 – Emerging Tech Fan – AI is a Team Sport [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com