Colorado Tech Weekly #324: Conga, Faction, Ping, Sphero and Qwinix Scale Well. Can Colorado?
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Software scales easily. Data scales a little more difficultly. Hardware is difficult to scale which is why we’ve grown accustom to letting cloud service providers take care of that. That’s just the technology part.
We like hearing about tech companies growing and succeeding. Successful tech companies create more successful tech companies. They create jobs and buy space and buy services. They invest in themselves and their employees and their equipment and the best ones invest in their community. How many of our tech companies are actively helping to scale our communities?
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Conga celebrates opening of new global headquarters in Broomfield as company surpasses 1M licenses worldwide and exceeds $100M in recurring revenue run rate [Conga]
- Denver’s Faction 2019 VMware Cloud on AWS market survey finds scalability and cost savings will accelerate growth of VMWare Cloud on AWS [Faction]
- Denver-based Ping Identity files for $100M IPO on Nasdaq to trade as ‘PING’ [TechCrunch]
- Growing Boulder-based Blue Canyon Technologies aims to be general store for aerospace’s gold rush [BizWest]
- Boulder’s Sphero acquires modular electronics company LittleBits [VentureBeat]
- Denver-based Matillion appoints former Rally Software, CA Technologies marketing lead as Chief Marketing Officer [ColoradoInno]
- Bay Area fintech company, Personal Capital Corp., moves into new Denver office with room for 30% growth [DBJ]
- With Silicon Mountain a memory cyber peaks form [CSBJ]
- Boulder’s Zayo posts $650.6M in quarterly sales says merger is on track [BizWest]
- In a bold move to scale Denver-based Qwinix Technologies appoints Loren Burnett as CEO [Qwinix]
Top Upcoming Events
- 8/28 – Tech Talks @ FWI – Hooked: Class Component Evolution [Denver]
- 8/28-8/30 – Blockchain Training Conference – Blockchain Training Conference 2019 [Denver]
- 8/29 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Colorado’s Top Companies Hiring [Denver]
- 8/29 – Rocky Mountain Blockchain – NEO 101 by Dylan Grabowski [Denver]
- 9/2 – Code for Denver – New & Returning Members Night [Denver]
- 9/3 – DOSUG – Tim Berglund talks Kafka as a Platform: the Ecosystem from the Ground Up [Greenwood Village]
- 9/3 – Fort Collins Coders – Introducing Flutter: A New Way to Write Fast and Beautiful Mobile Apps [Fort Collins]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com