Colorado Tech Weekly #333: Robots, Growth and Failure
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
This week contains 2 articles that are arguably about failure. BackFlip Studios, one of the few game development studios big enough for an office in Colorado, is closing down and Colorado Inno interviewed a Techstars Boulder startup founder about the failure of his startup.
Working with technology and trying new things means failure is occurring almost constantly. I can hardly type out a sentence the first time without getting red, squiggly lines that tell me that I failed to spell a word correctly. My code constantly breaks or doesn’t return the thing I expected. We fail all the time. It’s part of life. Don’t try to avoid failure. Accept it and learn from it and fail differently next time. That’s the end of my soapbox rant for the week.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Douglas County-based Dish promises 2000-worker wireless HQ in Colorado as AG drops out of Sprint-T-Mobile merger lawsuit [DBJ]
- San Francisco real-estate tech company, SnapDocs to expand in Denver add 635 jobs [DBJ]
- At Greenwood Village-based Pax8 people come first for fast-growth cloud solutions [DBJ]
- Denver’s Ibotta is a different breed of unicorn [DBJ]
- From 30 cities to one: How Snapdocs chose Denver for its second office [DBJ]
- Boulder-based Sphero’s RVR now available worldwide after raising more than $1M on Kickstarter fundraiser [InnovatioNews]
- Lockheed Martin expands local footprint with lease in Longmont [BizWest]
- Mobile game maker Backflip Studios to close layoff dozens [BizWest]
- Inno Autopsy: Why Techstars Boulder startup, Hardbound, shut down [ColoradoInno]
- Denver startup Nymbl lands $1.55M to reduce older adult falls [ColoradoInno]
Top Upcoming Events
- 10/31 – New Tech Colorado – Pitch Night [Colorado Springs]
- 11/1 – Tech Talks @ FWI – Fueling Innovation Through a Neurodiverse Workplace [Denver]
- 11/4 – CSOSUG – An Introduction to Distributed Storage Systems [Colorado Springs]
- 11/4 – Code for Denver – New & Returning Members Night [Denver]
- 11/5 – DOSUG – Alan Robertson: Container Security [Greenwood Village]
- 11/5 – Women Who Code – Hone Your Interview Skills: Live Coding with Feedback [Denver]
- 11/5 – Fort Collins Coders – PWAs with React and Gatsby [Fort Collins]
- 11/5 – Skill Distillery – Java 101: Introduction to coding with Java (Beginners Welcome) [Greenwood Village]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com