Colorado Tech Weekly #335: Continues to Grow Diversely
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Happy Veteran’s Day! Many of us veterans don’t necessarily see being a veteran as a thing we should be honored for. We just see it as a thing we did. Although now that I find myself in a company and community with fewer veterans it’s starting to have more meaning to me.
There are many ways to make our companies and communities more diverse. This week the headlines highlights some of these ways. There’s news and events from different part of Colorado and events to help promote women and Hispanics in technology. Like writing code for a web app, our work to make our tech community more diverse on all fronts will never be “done”. We will always need to find ways to refactor our efforts to make our community more inclusive.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Special Report: Colorado Technology 2019 APEX Awards winners finalists honored [DBJ]
- Loveland-based Aleph Objects sells to Fargo company [BizWest]
- Why Fort Collins tech company, Numerica Corp., is opening offices up and down the Front Range [DBJ]
- Boulder’s Techtonic raises $6M for coder apprenticeship [BizWest]
- Bay Area software firm, Freshworks, plans to grow Denver headcount from 12 to 100 in the next 6 months [DBJ]
- Louisville-based Gaia’s stock price skyrockets after positive revenue report [BizWest]
- Snapdocs raises $25M plans hiring spree shortly after opening Denver office [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based Dish wins on TV subscribers in Q3 makes two key hires for wireless future [DBJ]
- Deloitte employees help KidsTek students in Denver [KidsTek]
- Denver’s PAIRIN announced as one of Outsides 50 Best Places to Work for second consecutive year [PAIRIN]
Top Upcoming Events
- 11/13 – Boulder Ruby Group – Teaching Human Bias to Machines and WAFL as an alternate to MVP
- 11/13 – SoCo Visual Studio and VS Code Meetup – Blackston Presents: TypeScript & VS Code with Ely Lucas [Colorado Springs]
- 11/13 – PyData Denver – Training and Deploying An ML Model Using AWS SageMaker, and Healthcare On The Blockchain [Denver]
- 11/14 – Denver Women in Tech – Get on Board: Why Serve and Where to Start [Broomfield]
- 11/14 – CiGDA – November Game Dev Drink Up [Denver]
- 11/18 – SEO, Digital Marketing and Web Development – How to Follow Colorado Data Protection Laws [Denver]
- 11/18 – DenverScript – Debugging Like A Boss and Things Your Scrum Master Wants You To Know [Denver]
- 11/18 – Boulder WordPress Meetup – State of the Word: What’s happening in WordPress for 2020? [Boulder]
- 11/18 – Hispanics and Technology – Job Fair! Please join Zayo, Technical Integrity, Wowza and ….. [Denver]
- 11/19 – Denver Kubernetes Meetup – Serverless Workshop – Build an app using Apache OpenWhisk [Boulder]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com