Colorado Tech Weekly #347: There Were Once Companies in Colorado called “Galvanize” and “Plexus”
Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I was not surprised to hear the news about Galvanize being acquired. They had a change in leadership which lead to consolidation which usually leads to a deal. It’s part of the circle of life of a company.
Now I was surprised to hear of Plexus closing up shop in Louisville because I don’t remember ever hearing about Plexus before. I keep thinking that since I’ve been doing this for 347 weeks in a row that I would know about every tech company in Colorado. That is not the case and that’s kinda awesome.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver-based SendGrid VP tapped for DigitalOcean exec role [BizWest]
- Charges dismissed against Westminster-based Coalfire employees [CoalFire]
- Plexus to close Louisville design center eliminating 104 jobs [BizWest]
- Jefferson County-based Lockheed Martin Space tops strong 2019 with double-digit growth in Q4 [DBJ]
- 2019 Volunteering Report for Colorado’s Greystone Technology [Greystone]
- Westminster’s Maxar wins $142M NASA contract to demonstrate construction robotics in space [DBJ]
- Boulder’s Automox raises $30M [BizWest]
- Another San Francisco tech company, Gusto, is expanding in Denver. This one is banking on small businesses success [DenverPost]
- Following $1.5M raise, Portland startup Cloud Campaign to open Boulder office [ColoradoInno]
- Denver’s Galvanize acquired for $165M [ColoradoInno]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/5 – Denver Modern Web – Infrastructure as Code: Creating Reusable AWS Projects with CloudFormation [Denver]
- 2/5 – JAMStack Denver – Flutter on the JAMstack w/ Jonah Walker + Publish: Swift SSG w/ Amy Holt [Denver]
- 2/5 – CTA – CTA 101 [Denver]
- 2/5 – Analyze Boulder – Planes, Trains, and Video Games [Boulder]
- 2/5 – WomenWhoCode – Career Returnship [Denver]
- 2/6 – Front Range Front-End – I Can’t See! Low Vision Accessibility & Users [Denver]
- 2/11 – Boulder Java Users Group – Ray Tsang and Matt Raible: Choose Your Own Adventure with JHipster & Kubernetes [Boulder]
- 2/11 – Polkadot Denver – Colorado “Buidl” Week: Substrate Workshop [Denver]
- 2/11 – Develop Happy Hour – February Develop Happy Hour [Denver]
- 2/11 – Colorado Game Developers Association + AR/VR Group – Annual COLORADO AFTER JAM 2020 [ParkMeadows]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!
You can subscribe to all Colorado Tech Weekly posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com